Areas Treated: head, face, sinuses, neck, shoulders, underarms, arms, hands, chest, lungs, breasts, abdomen, legs, feet, back and upper gluteal muscles
Gillian’s integrative Massage Therapy approach is very effective in the treatment of Cancer Care and Recovery (post-surgery single/double Mastectomy or Lumpectomy). It is important to drain the build-up of lymphatic congestion and stagnation in the whole body after chemotherapy and radiation treatment. Especially the injection or port sites often located in the thoracic duct area need to be cleansed if swollen and inflamed to prevent infection.
The lymph system is directly connected with the integrity of the immune system. This means the lymph system is a powerful detoxification and circulatory system maintaining the body’s homeostasis through continual fluid movement of lymph and blood into tissues and blood stream.
Gillian applies Breast Massage before Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD) and Essential Oils to the head, face, neck, shoulders, underarms, arms, hands, chest, lungs, breast, abdomen, legs, feet, back, and upper gluteal muscles. Breast Massage sensitively assists a cancer survivor to reintegrate the missing breast back into her body image in a self-caring way. Gillian supports safe somato-emotional release of grief in clients with cancer histories.
Gillian’s integrative Massage Therapy approach can be effectively used in conjunction with Thermography as an alternative to Mammography testing. Thermography does not use radiation and rather assesses the breast and/or full body through a safe and non-invasive form of detection of temperature, tissue changes, and level of lymphatic congestion.
Positive evidence-informed outcomes:
- Detoxes chemotherapy & radiation from the cells
- Hastens wound healing at the injection or port site after chemotherapy
- Reduces stress & cortisol which congest & stagnate the lymph system
- Decreases pain & scar tissue counter-strain after breast reconstruction
- Supports safe somato-emotional release of grief
- Enhances Postural Alignment & Diaphragmatic Breathing
- Acts as a diuretic increasing urination & flushing kidneys of histamines
- Neuro-balances the brain & energetic body to prevent burn-out