Areas Treated: head, face, neck, shoulders, underarms, arms, hands, chest, lungs, abdomen, legs, feet, back and upper gluteal muscles
Gillian’s integrative Massage Therapy approach is very effective in treating acute and chronic pain. When the body becomes stressed, overworked, or injured there is acute inflammation, redness, swelling, heat, pain, and loss of function. This means white blood cells flood to the injured site to combat foreign bodies.
When pain patterns become chronic there is a build-up of inflammation, lactic acid, lymphatic congestion, and adhesions. These factors interfere with proper lymph flow and nerve conduction through the tissues.
The lymph system does not have a pump like the cardiovascular system. Therefore the lymph system depends upon manual lymph drainage, contraction of skeletal muscles, and/or force of respiration to move lymphatic fluid back towards the heart.
Chronic pain patterns are linked to postural imbalances such as, whiplash, scoliosis, sciatica, rotator cuff tears, tendinitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, thoracic outlet syndrome, TMJ, fracture, patellofemoral syndrome, leg length discrepancy, disc herniation, hip/knee replacement surgery, hernia/ organ surgery, C-section, post-mastectomy/lumpectomy.
Gillian’s integrative treatment approach is a safe detoxification process which releases new immune cells (lymphocytes) into the tissues. This approach creates an analgesic effect which decreases pain perception, inflammation, and lymphatic congestion. Stored bacteria and toxins are released from the lymph system – strengthening immunity for the whole body.
Positive evidence-informed outcomes:
- Decreases acute/chronic inflammation, pain, spasm, adhesions & lymph congestion
- Regenerates tissue including scar tissue, burns, wounds, cellulite, adipose tissue & wrinkles
- Reduces symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome & fibro myalgia
- Acts as a diuretic increasing urination & flushing kidneys of histamines
- Decreases pain perception, inflammation, adhesions, & lymphatic congestion
- Neuro-balances the brain & energetic body to prevent burn-out